Innovate and transform your idea to market, faster
Serverless is a driving force to boost value to your business, giving you the launchpad for speed to application development. The key benefit? Your teams can release quickly, get feedback and iterate to get to market more swiftly and smarter. This enables your organisation to get ahead of the curve, launching products and services customers rapidly and competitively.
Drive down your development and operational costs
There are so many ways your organisation can reduce its operational costs using serverless. Lower initial development outlay, pay on demand and reducing running costs all equal investment gains back into your organisation. Pay-for-value billing means you only need to deploy the resource when and where it’s required. You’ll never over invest in over-provisioning because you’ll only pay for the exact amount of resources and compute time needed to run code.
Scale and adapt to satisfy your customers and users
Serverless is sustainable by design, enabling technologies to automatically scale from zero to peak demands so you can adapt to meet customer and users’ needs faster than ever.
Your developers will have much more time to spend on developing products. They can focus on building your applications, rather than configuring; serverless applications have built-in service integrations.
What is Serverless technology?
Serverless technology is transforming the way organisations run and manage their code. All without the need for provisioning or managing servers.
Also known as Function-as-a-Service (FaaS), it enables developers to:
- build and run applications and services without thinking about servers
- eliminate infrastructure management tasks such as server or cluster/ capacity provisioning, patching, the need for operating systems and maintenance
- build nearly any type of application or backend service; everything required to run and scale your application
To increase agility and optimise costs, serverless technologies offer automatic scaling, built-in high availability and pay-for-use billing. At the heart of serverless applications is AWS Lambda, an event-driven compute service natively integrated with over 200 AWS services and Software as a Service (SaaS) applications. Serverless is sustainable by design. This means the technology can automatically scale from zero to meet peak demands so you be responsive to customer demand.
Why use serverless to transform your business?
The are so many more benefits of serverless that will enable your organisation to innovate, grow and thrive in today’s competitive landscape.
- Turbo-charge your return on investment: CoStar Group reveals that is has cut its computing costs by up to 90% using serverless technology
- Server management-free: there is no need to provision or maintain any servers. You no longer need software or runtime to install, maintain or administer
- Flexible scaling: Your application can be scaled automatically or by adjusting its capacity through toggling the units of consumption (e.g. throughput, memory) rather than units of individual servers
- Pay for value: pay for consistent throughput or execution duration rather than by server unit
- Automated high availability: serverless offers built-in availability and fault tolerance. You don't need to architect for these capabilities since the services running the application provide them by default
- Fantastic flexibility and adaptability, enabling your organisation to adapt to customer or users’ needs rapidly and with minimal resources
- Optimise resource allocation for development and on-going support
- Rapid development of MVP for testing and prototyping, so you can secure a better path to investment
- Clear the way to innovation and create new revenue opportunities
- Spend more time developing innovative products and services
As a developer, you’ll do so much more needing so much less resource...
There are so many operational benefits of serverless for developers. The more you use the technology, the greater the functionally you’ll have at your fingertips.
- Easier to write and test code, and improve security because serverless functions are typically event-driven and stateless
- Faster development and deployment, giving you, as a developer, time back to deploy applications iteratively at speed and to resource other builds
- Automatic scaling - your code can handle sudden spikes in traffic without the need for manual intervention
- Proactively manage applications with intelligent monitoring and analysis tools
- Run code written in different programming languages that can easily integrate with other services and technologies
- Rapid development of MVP for testing and prototyping
Exception is proud to be an AWS Lambda Ready Partner using the serverless compute service. We identify real business value for our clients, having successfully-built services and applications without provisioning or managing servers.
Our technology solutions are validated by AWS serverless experts. Operating within the AWS well-architected framework, we have the credentials to deliver your modern applications at pace, fit for the future and fast to market.Back to all insights